Designing new fitness boot camp workouts, creating new ways to utilize exercises, and picking out new ideas for every single boot camp class will often be described as a challenging task. You wish to make your boot camp workouts fun, but in addition, you need to create them demanding enough so that your campers might find amazing results.
You can find literally millions of ideas and concepts you can consider when designing your fitness boot camp workouts. Listed below are some of well known boot camp ideas which have helped us to propel our personal fitness boot camps to success:
1. Partner Exercises: Pairing campers up with somebody will change the whole dynamic of a workout. You’ll have partners complete the exercises together (ex. partner push-ups,) keep these things take turns (ex. partner sprints,) or you can have them work as a team to complete an exercise.
2. Tabata’s: Tabata training is one of the very best types of training you certainly can do in the shortest number of time. Use exercises which are challenging and try to involve the larger muscle groups when possible. Tabatas are: 20 seconds of work time accompanied by 10 seconds of rest time, repeated for 8 sets (or 4 minutes.) You can choose exercises like: squats, sprints, mountain climbers, etc. Your campers will love/hate this 1!
3. Circuits: Use 3-10 different exercises (depending on how big your group) and create “stations.” Divide your group up into equal numbers and keep these things rotate through each station for 30 to 60 seconds. This is a good way to have up your camper’s heart rates and let them have a good variety of exercises in one workout. Circuits also work great when you have minimal equipment since everyone will are able to work on each station.
4. Timed Workouts: They are perfect in an organization setting because anyone can work on their particular pace. I love to pick an occasion (based on the exercises involved) and have campers perform as numerous rounds of the exercises as they are able to in the allotted time. As an example: I might have my campers perform rounds of 8 reverse lunges (on each side), 8 push-ups, and 8 burpees as much times through as they can in 12 minutes. Timed workouts are awesome fitness boot camp holidays to increase any fitness boot camp!
5. Numbered Sets: They are another good way to motivate your boot camp to work harder. Choose a few exercises, as an example: 10 squats, 10 push-ups, 10 mountain climbers, and 1 lap around a distance of your choice. Have your campers perform 5 rounds as fast as possible. This usually works effectively because campers are always wanting to beat their friends to the finish. Just make sure you have go-to exercises (or back-up exercises) ready for folks who finish early.